The United Council on Welfare Fraud’s 2019 Training Conference will be held at the iconic Chattanoogan Hotel, 1201 Broad Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee. Rooms have been reserved for conference attendees at a special rate of $107 + taxes (17.25 %).
- Hotel reservations can be made by contacting the Hotel at 423-756-3400 daily from 7AM-11PM. When making your reservation, make sure to identify yourself with Group Code “UCOWF Conference” OR use their on-line Reservation link: https://reservations.travelclick.com/17401?groupID=2450699 with Group Code “UCOWF Conference”
- Reservations must be made PRIOR to July 26, 2019, to take advantage of the special group rate. Reservations received after this date will be accepted on a space availability basis only and at the current rack rates
- A Credit Card is required at time of making reservation to secure your room
- Hotel Cancellation Policy: Forty-eight (48) hours PRIOR Check-in
- Check-in 4P / Checkout 12P (Noon)
- Complimentary guest room internet
- Self-parking available in adjacent garage for $8 plus tax per night per vehicle. Valet parking is also available for $16 plus tax per night, per vehicle. (The Hotel doe not own or manage the parking facilities; rates are subject to change
- Rooms available 3 days pre/post at conference rate of current GSA at the time of booking based on availability
- Transportation options to/from Chattanooga airport are: Taxis, Lyft, Uber or a shuttle. See the ground transportation link on the airport website chattairport.com/ground-transportation
A TENTATIVE AGENDA is now available with the link at the top of this page. For planning your travel, tentative times are as follows:
- Registration Monday, August 26, 4:00-6:00P
- Conference starts Tuesday, August 27, 8:30A
- Conference ends Thursday, August 29, 5:00 P
To Register for the Conference as a Member, you must go to www.ucowf.net, LOGIN and click on the link for conference registration on the Member’s homepage.
Non-Members must Register by clicking on the link from the website’s homepage.
Registration fees for the 3 days of training:
- UCOWF Member Early Bird Fee is $325 if PAID before August 10, 2019 (Includes Banquet Luncheon)
- UCOWF Member $395 if PAID after August 10, 2019 (Includes Banquet Luncheon)
- Non-Member Fee is $495 (Includes Banquet Luncheon)
- Daily Rates: Members is $150/day if PAID before August 10, 2019. $175/day if PAID after August 10, 2019 (Includes Banquet Luncheon if attending on Wednesday)
- Daily Rates: Non-Members is $175/day
- Guests are welcome to attend the Banquet Luncheon with you for $40/pp
All UCOWF Training Conferences feature multiple training tracks and workshop sessions that are tailored to new and experienced investigators, program administrators and eligibility and recovery specialists. Our focus in every Annual Training Conference is sharing best practices and presenting new ideas that are in place from around the nation that enhance agency efforts to prevent, detect, investigate, prosecute and recover lost tax dollars due to fraud. Annual Training Conferences include:
- Twenty-three (23) hours of training workshops focused exclusively on public assistance fraud issues ranging from front-line fraud investigations to effective program administration and fraud recovery and collection techniques
- Opportunities to network with peers from around North America
- Opportunities to hear from and share ideas directly with Federal program officials in various public assistance programs
- The opportunity to obtain certification as a Certified Welfare Fraud Investigator (CWFI)
- The annual UCOWF Awards Banquet INCLUDED in the Three-day (3) conference registration fee
- The annual UCOWF membership business meeting to learn what’s new in UCOWF
- Regional elections to choose UCOWF members to represent your interests in developing organizational initiatives
- Vendors exhibiting products and services that increase efficiency and accuracy in detecting and investigating fraud
- The National Association of State Welfare Fraud Directors meeting
Nowhere else can you find training focused solely on fighting the continuing and emerging trends in public assistance fraud that affect county, state and provincial budgets across North America.
To become a UCOWF member, you can join by registering on the Home Page of the website www.ucowf.net. Select the Regular Membership plan for $35/year.
Plan now to join us in Chattanooga, Tennessee, in August 2019!