Please use the registration form below.
The 2018 Training Conference will be held at the beautiful Crowne Plaza Milwaukee Airport Hotel, 6401 S 13th St, Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Rooms have been reserved for conference attendees at a special rate of $119 (Single/Double) + taxes ($15.1 %).
- Hotel reservations can be made by contacting the Hotel at 414.764.5300. When making your reservation, make sure to identify yourself as being part of the United Council on Welfare Fraud
- To book online use the following link: United Council on Welfare Fraud Select the check-in and check out date; leave the group code of UCF in the box; click on ‘Book’
- Reservations must be made before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, August 10, 2018, to take advantage of the special group rate. Reservations received after this date will be accepted on a space availability basis only and at the current rack rates
- A Credit/Debit Card is required at time of making a reservation to secure your room
- Hotel Cancellation Policy: Free Cancellation until 6:00 p.m. local hotel time the day PRIOR to your arrival
- Check-in 3P / Checkout 11A
- Complimentary Airport Shuttle service to/from Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel
- Complimentary guest room internet
- Complimentary Self-parking
- The Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel is a non-smoking Hotel. A $250 cleaning fee will be applied to guest folios if the policy is not followed in the guest rooms.
A TENTATIVE AGENDA is now available from the home page through the Conference Registration link for non-members. For planning your travel, tentative times are as follows:
- Registration Monday, September 9, 4:00-6:00P
- Conference starts Tuesday, September 10, 9:00A
- Conference ends Thursday, September 13, 12:00P (Noon)
To register for the conference, complete the form below. Registration fees for the 3 days of training:
- UCOWF Member Early Bird Fee is $295 if registration is received before 5:00P on August 10, 2018 (Includes Banquet Luncheon)
- UCOWF Member $320 if registration is received after 5:00P on August 10, 2018 (Includes Banquet Luncheon)
- Non-Member $410 (Includes Banquet Luncheon)
- Guests are welcome to attend the Banquet Luncheon with you for $29/pp
- Daily Rates: UCOWF Member $100/day; Non-Member $150/day (Includes Banquet Luncheon)
All UCOWF Training Conferences feature multiple training tracks and workshop sessions that are tailored to new and experienced investigators, program administrators and eligibility and recovery specialists. Our focus in every Annual Training Conference is sharing best practices and presenting new ideas that are in place from around the nation that enhance agency efforts to prevent, detect, investigate, prosecute and recover lost tax dollars due to fraud. Annual Training Conferences include:
- Nineteen hours of training workshops focused exclusively on public assistance fraud issues ranging from front-line fraud investigations to effective program administration and fraud recovery and collection techniques
- Opportunities to network with peers from around North America
- Opportunities to hear from and share ideas directly with Federal program officials in various public assistance programs
- The opportunity to obtain certification as a Certified Welfare Fraud Investigator (CWFI)
- The annual UCOWF Awards Banquet INCLUDED in the 2 ½ day conference registration fee
- The annual UCOWF membership business meeting to learn what’s new in UCOWF
- Regional elections to choose UCOWF members to represent your interests in developing organizational initiatives
- Vendors exhibiting products and services that increase efficiency and accuracy in detecting and investigating fraud
- The National Association of State Welfare Fraud Directors meeting
Nowhere else can you find training focused solely on fighting the continuing and emerging trends in public assistance fraud that affect the county, state and provincial budgets across North America.