Plan now to attend the
45th Annual United Council on Welfare Fraud Training Conference
August 28, 29, 30 & 31, 2017
Rosen Plaza Hotel
The 2017 training conference will be held at the Rosen Plaza Hotel, 9700 International Drive, Orlando, Florida. Rooms have been reserved for conference attendees at a special rate of $105 (Single/Double) + taxes (12.5%) and OCCCD fund tax (1%). Additional person(s) in the room will be charged $20 per person, per night. The Rosen Plaza Hotel is extending their Family plan to our group. There will be no charge for children under the age of seventeen (17) who are utilizing existing bedding.
- PLEASE NOTE: There are 3 Rosen Hotels located on International Drive. Our conference will be at the Rosen Plaza Hotel
- Hotel reservations can be made by contacting the Hotel at 800.627.8258
- When making your reservation, make sure to identify yourself as being part of the United Council on Welfare Fraud - 45th Annual Conference
- Reservations must be made before 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 27, 2017, to take advantage of the special group rate. Reservations received after this deadline will be accepted on a space availability basis only and at the current rake rate
- A Credit/Debit Card is required at time of making reservation to secure your room
- Five days prior to check-in date, a one night's room and tax deposit will be authorized on your Credit/Debit Card.
- Hotel Cancellation Policy: Individual deposits are refundable if cancelled up to five (5) days prior to your arrival. You must cancel more than five (5) prior to your arrival. If you cancel five (5) or less, your Credit/Debit Card will be charged a one night's room and tax penalty
- Check-in 3P / Checkout 11A
- Mears Shuttle Information: Airport (OIA) to Hotel trips also available 24-hrs. (no reservations required; booths are located on Levels 1 & 2) Hotel to Airport (OIA) trips every 40 minutes past the hour. (Reservations required; please call: 407-423-5566) Currently, prices are round trip $33/one-way $21. Prices are per person and do not include gratuity
- UBER transfers are also available by downloading the UBER app and scheduling your ride from the app
- Complimentary guest room internet
- Self-parking is available at a reduced rate of $5/day over the dates of the program
- The Rosen Plaza Hotel is a non-smoking hotel. A $350 cleaning fee will be applied to guest folios if the policy is not followed in the guest rooms
A TENTATIVE AGENDA is now available at the Training Agenda link under the Conference link in the main menu. For planning your travel, tentative times are as follows:
- Registration - Monday, August 28, 8:30A
- Conference starts - Monday, August 28, 1:00P
- Conference concludes - Thursday, August, 31, 12:00P (Noon)
To Register for the United Council on Welfare Fraud annual training conference click HERE for an interactive, downloadable registration form.
Registration for the 4 days of training:
- UCOWF Member Early Bird Fee: $295 if registration is received before July 27, 2017. (Includes Banquet Luncheon)
- UCOWF Members: $320 if registration is received after July 27, 2017. (Includes Banquet Luncheon)
- Non-Members: $410 (Includes Banquet Luncheon)
- Guests are welcome to attend the Banquet Luncheon with you for $62/pp
- Daily Rates: UCOWF Member $100/per day; Non-Member $150/per day. (Includes Banquet Luncheon)
All UCOWF Training Conferences feature multiple training tracks and workshop sessions that are tailored to new and experienced Investigators, Program Administrators, Eligibility and Recovery Specialists. Our focus in every Training Conference is sharing best practices and presenting new ideas that are in place from around the United States and Canada that enhance agency efforts to prevent, detect, investigate, prosecute and recover lost tax dollars due to Fraud. The Training Conference includes:
- Nineteen (19) Continuing Education Unit (CEU) hours of training workshops focused exclusively on public assistance fraud issues ranging from front-line fraud investigations to effective program Administration and fraud recovery and collection techniques
- Opportunities to network with peers from around North America
- Opportunities to hear from and share ideas directly with Federal program officials in various public assistance programs
- The opportunity to obtain certification as a Certified Welfare Fraud Investigator (CWFI)
- The annual UCOWF Awards Banquet INCLUDED in the 4 day conference registration fee
- The annual UCOWF membership business meeting to learn what's new in UCOWF
- Regional Elections to choose UCOWF members to represent your interests in developing organizational initiatives
- Vendors exhibiting products and services that increase efficiency and accuracy in detecting and investigating fraud
- The National Association of State Welfare Fraud Directors meeting
Nowhere else can you find training focused solely on fighting the continuing and emerging trends in public assistance fraud that affect county, state and provincial budgets from across North America.
To become a UCOWF member, you can join by registering HERE and selecting the Regular Membership plan for $35/year.
So plan now to join us in Orlando, Florida, August 2017!